MAKE is currently searching for a Maker Shed Evangelist to work with our ecommerce team. This is a contract position. You will seek out and curate cool new products for the Maker Shed store, develop our relationships with independent maker suppliers, as well as commercial suppliers, and evangelizes Maker Shed and its product offerings through social media strategies, blogging, and representation online, and occasionally at events, schools, meet-ups, etc., and help shape our ecommerce merchandising efforts. The ideal person will bring the following experience to the team:
- Experience tackling hands-on projects, particularly electronics, microcontrollers, robots and motors, and be enthusiastic with sharing your projects with others.
- Must have ready access to a decent range of tools, from basic hand tools to soldering equipment to basic workshop tools, such as drills, band saws, etc.
- Excellent project organization skills; able to complete multiple hands-on projects quickly and independently.
- Passion for documenting and showing off projects to a variety of audiences; e.g. customers who need step-by-step documentation; teachers, parents and mentors looking for guidance in doing a project with students; magazine and online visitors looking for inspiration and ideas; and online shoppers who also need to understand product features, capabilities, and skill requirements.
- Excellent photography skills a huge plus; capable of capturing components and kits in various stages of completion so as to present our products professionally.
- Strong network of relationships within the maker community as well as an enthusiasm for meeting new makers and groups.
- An engaging, friendly personality comfortable inspiring groups with demonstrations and presentations in both formal and informal settings.
Sound like you (or maybe someone you know)? Send a note to Dan Woods (email@example.com).