It is important that you have a working knowledge of the Arduino, networking and basic programming.
Step #1: Next
- Here are the pieces needed for this project:
- Arduino UNO
- MakerShield with Breadboard
- Serial LCD Screen
Step #2: Next
- Add the Netshield to the Arduino.
Step #3: Next
- Solder custom header pins to use as a spacer for the MakerShield.
- Using long-pin male headers and long-pin female headers solder them as shown.
- These custom headers will be used as spacers between the Netshield and the MakerShield.
- NOTE: The center pin on the longer spacer will not be used. I left it to make the unit stronger.
Step #4: Next
- Add the spacers.
- Add the MakerShield.
- As you can see, the spacers give plenty of room and prevent grounding issues.
Step #5: Next
- Add custom wires to breadboard.
- Add sensors.
- Add code to the Arduino.
- A PDF of the sketch is included with this project.