Step #2: Next
- Cut off the tube's valve stem and slice down one side to open the tube.
- Wash out the white powder inside the tube with soap and water. An abrasive sponge may help!
- Watch out for goo tubes! If you live in a prickly place, you may have tubes with goo in them. In my experience, it's not worth it to try to use goo tubes for this project.
Step #3: Next
- Print and cut out the paper/cardboard template.
- Trace the template repeatedly along the length of the bike tube.
Step #4: Next
- Cut out each shape until you've got a whole pile of "figure eights."
- Fold one shape in half so that the cutouts line up.
- Insert another shape through the cutouts in the folded shape.
- Continue chaining shapes together in this manner until your desired length is achieved.
- To create a seamless finish, cut the last folded loop in an inconspicuous spot, thread it through the first loop and sew the cut loop back together.