The weather is warming up and it’s time for weekend backyard barbecues. You can’t have a barbecue without a refreshing drink. This one is great for both adults and kids.
This fun drink was inspired by blackberries being on sale for 88 cents per container. That’s a great deal around here! If you can’t find fresh berries cheaply, you can use frozen as well. We didn’t have any fresh berries left after eating them, so I used frozen here.
Download Recipe PDF
Step #1: Next
- Measure out 6 ounces of blackberries.
Step #2: Next
- Combine the blackberries, lime zest, salt, sugar, and lime juice in a small to medium-sized saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and cook just until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
Step #3: Next
- Place the berry mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a glass or bowl.
- Place the puree in the strainer and strain until all that is left are the seeds and the thick pulp.
- Stirring the mixture in the strainer periodically helps press the juices through faster.
- Discard the seeds.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sparkling water and the blackberry coulis.
- Be sure to slowly add the coulis to the sparkling water, as it may fizz. Stir until combined.
- Add additional lime juice and/or sugar to suit your personal taste.