I had a stack of old CDs lying around. For a long time I was planning to reuse them for a different purpose but I had no clue. Then one day while I was surfing on the Internet I found an interesting idea to convert these into great artwork that can be put up on the walls. I liked this idea because I thought it was very easy to do, just few simple steps. The final product turns out to be pretty good.
Step #1: Next
- Things Needed
- Any old CD
- Acrylic color (preferably dark color)
- Paint brush
- Anything with sharp point to scratch the color (I used a screwdriver.)
Step #2: Next
- Apply Paint
- The shiny side of the CD shows rainbow colors when light falls on it. We are going to use this side.
- Apply the acrylic color on the shiny side. Here I have used a black color. Make sure you have a thick layer of this color so that it becomes easy to scratch the color later.
- Leave it to dry.
Step #3: Next
- Draw a Design
- Draw your favorite design on the colored side.
Step #4: Next
- Scratch the design
- With the help of a screwdriver scratch the color along the outline of the design. Try not to scratch very hard otherwise you’ll damage the shiny coating.
- You may also want to scratch the inside of the design to make it more interesting.
Step #5: Next
- Stick it on the wall
- Put the finished CD art on the wall using blue-tac.