Additional Materials Required:
- 3/4" Galvanized Nuts (3)
- 3/4" Steel Nuts (2)
Step #1: Make the sensor holdersNext
- One is for the main frame, and one goes in the primary arms.
- Weld the rebar to the threaded rod at a right angle.
- Protect the threads on the threaded rod by welding. (A small pipe works well)
- Thread a nut onto it.
Step #2: Make the Thin Cylinder SupportsNext
- Weld the 1" pipe to the 3" U-channel, in the center. 4-8 good tacks is sufficient.
- Make (2) 6" long 3/4" bolts, by using a nut and 6.25" of threaded rod. See Making Bolts.
Step #3: Make the Magnet Holder
- Weld the flatbar to the 1.25" piece of threaded rod.
- Protect the threads.
- Make sure they are perfectly paralell!
- Thread a nut onto the threaded rod.