Step #1: Make the guardNext
- Torch the guard sheet metal as in the image. It doesn't need to be exact.
- Note: the shape shown is centered.
- Weld the top and side 2x2 angle pieces to it as shown.
Step #2: Punch the holes in the 4x4 angleNext
- Not all holes will be accessible with a punch. Torch the rest.
Step #3: Torch the Remaining HolesNext
- Torch the hole for mounting the motor in the 8" piece of 4x4 angle. Grind off the slag.
- Double check that the hole is large enough by putting on the motor and making sure the raised portion in the center goes all the way thru.
- You can torch separate holes for the bolts, or do one large, odd shaped one like is pictured.
- Torch whichever holes you couldn't access with the punch
Step #4: Weld it togetherNext
- Weld the bottom 2x2 to the 21" 4x4.
- Weld the two 4x4 angle pieces together as pictured, ensuring they are perfectly flush and square.
- Skip around while welding so it doesn't warp one way or another.
- Grind off the top weld linking the 4x4's so the bearing will be able to sit flush on it
- Also grind off near the bolt holes on the bottom.
- Weld the rebars onto the underside of the mount.
- Weld the guard to the top side of the mount.