This recipe is great for holidays or any other day. It’s easy and fun to make, and the little ones will go crazy for them; I know we do.
Step #1: Next
- First, you add both the oatmeal and coconut together in a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
Step #2: Next
- Next, bring out your pot and add your milk (or condensed, your preference), butter (or margarine), and your sugar. For ours we used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar.
Step #3: Next
- Add your cocoa, then put on stove, on low heat (DO NOT BOIL). Whisk or stir until the mixture becomes smooth so all the sugar and cocoa has dissolved.
Step #4: Next
- Add your pot of dissolved ingredients to your large mixing bowl of dry ingredients of oatmeal and coconut. Mix, mush, and fold until it's thoroughly mixed.
- Lastly, you will want to spoon your mixture into bite-sized cookies. I used 2 teaspoons cupped together to form the style and shape of cookie I wanted. Then place them on a cookie sheet with wax paper on it so they won't stick to the pan (everyone hates doing dishes). Now you let them set. I like to put them in the fridge overnight for best results.
- Enjoy! Bon appétit!