Step #1: Next
- Cut a syringe needle so that an inch is left from the plastic cap. Don't pinch it off or you'll flatten it, use a file to damage and then break of the tip.
Step #2: Next
- Place the needle over the pin to desolder. Press down slightly with your index finger to keep the needle in place. Don't press too hard or the needle will bend.
- Melt the solder on the pin with the tip of a soldering iron whilst pressing the needle. The needle will pop through the PCB. On 2-layer PCBs: keep pressing and heating, it'll pop through a second time.
Step #3: Next
- Remove soldering tip, let it cool and remove needle while twisting it. The solder doesn't stick to the needle, the pin is free.
- Repeat for all pins. Wiggle the component out.
- Clean the pins by stroking them with the soldering iron, straighten with pliers if necessary