This guide will break down how to make this top into such easy steps that a monkey could do it.
Step #1: Next
- First, you'll need one of these small electric motors.
- You can purchase one here, but they're pretty common so check your junk box first.
Step #2: Next
- Use a small screwdriver or pair of pliers to move these tabs and remove the plastic endcap.
Step #3: Next
- Remove the armature from the casing.
- You can discard the endcap and metal shell, but you may want to save the magnets inside of it for future use.
Step #4: Next
- Snip at the copper wire with wire cutters and unravel it from the armature.
Step #5: Next
- Remove any spacers or the excess materials from the armature.
Step #6: Next
- Rotate the first and last metal pieces to keep the others from moving.
- This also makes it look cooler.
- To spin the top place shaft between your pointer finger and thumb and move them in opposite directions.
- Enjoy your new and very cool toy!