This guide will teach you how deck out your car with an EZ-EL Wire Car Kit. For more cool ideas check out https://ez-el.com/tutorials!
The EZ-EL Wire Kit you will need for this project can be purchased here.
Enter coupon code MAKEcar at checkout for a discount!
Step #1: Next
- Here is what your car's interior will look like!
Step #2: Next
- Plan out the design of the EL wire by mounting the EL wire onto the car with Scotch tape.
- Note: 10 ft El Wire was not enough to fit my dashboard, so it is recommended to use 25 ft EZ-EL Wire.
Step #3: Next
- Once you've designed the shape you wish on your car, cut about 2 inches of galvanized wire and twist the ends tightly together around the wire.
- Use pliers to help you twist so it's easier on the tips of your fingers.
- Use a wire cutter to cut the excess wire.
- Continue this process throughout your design.
Step #4: Next
- Mount the EL wire onto the car following the mounting lines of the car. Begin removing the tape as you proceed throughout the design.
Step #5: Next
- Put the bass response of the Car Kit Inverter at a low setting to allow bass to respond.
- Now turn on the EL Wire, turn up the jams, and enjoy!