This guide will teach you how deck out your motorcycle with EZ-EL Wire LED lights. For more cool ideas check out https://ez-el.com/tutorials!
The EZ-EL Wire Kit you will need for this project can be purchased here.
Enter coupon code MAKEmotorcycle at checkout for a discount!
Step #1: Next
- This is what your motorcycle can look like!
Step #2: Next
- As a safety precaution, disconnect the battery of the motorcycle (located under the seat).
- Note: Don't burn out the battery with the LED Lights. If the wires and the strip doesn't light during connection, turn the LED connectors over. Afterwards, connect them to the battery. Don't force the input and output connectors; they will work once they are properly connected together.
Step #3: Next
- Lay out the LED Strip on the side of the motorcycle or hold out the LED strip for design ideas. Note: Before installing the LED lights, plan out the design in order to determine the length of the wire needed.
Step #4: Next
- Before mounting the LED wire, wipe the area down with alcohol wipes in order to remove any dirt or residue. The mounting process begins under the hood of the wheel. Start off by peeling the protective vinyl off the LED strip. Continue this as you go along the hood of the tire as shown in the picture.
- Note: Make sure that the areas where the LED strips are going to be placed are clean. Cleaning the area allows the LED strip to stick properly.
Step #5: Next
- Run the LED strip and extension cables along the frame until you reach the battery.
Step #6: Next
- Once the connections are done, use a zip tie to secure the excess wires and place them inside of the bike pouch. Note: Make sure all connections and zip ties are secured and clean.
Step #7: Next
- Connect the wires to the control box and then place it under the seat. Make sure it is secure and hide it away from exposure to protect it from possible water damage. Now connect the control box to the battery by connecting the outputs and inputs to the corresponding colors (black to black, red to red).
- Once all of the connections are complete, go ahead and use the wireless remote to light up your bike! Enjoy!