This guide will teach you how to make your very own EZ-EL Wire Skateboard! For more cool ideas check out https://ez-el.com/tutorials!
The EZ-EL Wire Kit you will need for this project can be purchased here.
Enter coupon code MAKEskateboard at checkout for a discount!
Step #1: Next
- Here is what the finished project will look like!
Step #2: Next
- Unscrew the 2 trucks that are underneath the deck. When this is done, score the sections on the image which is on the bottom of the deck. By cutting sections of the image, this will make the vinyl decal easier to rip off. Then place the heating gun at the edge of the deck. Take the point of the X-Acto knife and lift the image off the deck. You will continue to do so until the entire board is complete and you are left with a blank surface.
Step #3: Next
- Once you finish stripping the vinyl decal, line the deck with painter's tape. Make sure you have newspaper or a cardboard box to cover the ground before proceeding. Then spray paint the deck flat black and it should dry within 15 minutes.
Step #4: Next
- Use the E-6000 glue and line the edge of the deck with the EL wire on top. Make sure the wire is applied in a neat manner, and that it is aligned on the board. At every inch, place a strip of painter's tape to keep the EL wire in place while the glue sets.
Step #5: Next
- Once the spray paint settles and the glue is dry, put your logo or art design on the bottom of the deck.
Step #6: Next
- When you are finished with your logo, reinstall the trucks to the skateboard.
- Enjoy your skateboard! Take it out for a night skate sesh!