By purchasing the nicest faux fur you can find you can create a retro, Mad Men-style wrap that is animal-friendly.
Step #1: Next
- Take some heavy cotton or muslin to create a pattern piece, or use the one I created: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2011/1...
Step #2: Next
- Take your faux fur and place it with the nap of the fur facing down. Place your pattern piece on top and pin the perimeter. Cut the fur out with a utility knife.
Step #3: Next
- Choose a lining fabric that is a heavier cotton. Pin your newly cut faux fur to your lining fabric, good sides together, and sew the perimeter leaving a 1/4" seam allowance.
Step #4: Next
- Leave an unsewn gap and turn the piece right-side-out. Fold and pin the gap, then sew it closed.
- Add a hook and eye closure or a nice ribbon and rock your faux fur wrap.