The Trakr is a remote controlled robot equipped with a microphone and color video camera, speaker, a near infrared LED for night vision, an SD memory card slot for recording audio/video and 8MB of on board memory for storing downloadable and user designed programs. The remote control unit has control levers to drive the robot, a speaker and color video display so you can hear the audio picked up by the microphone and display the video transmitted by the camera, and several function buttons that can be used to control additional program functions of user designed programs.
- This project is intended show you how to download and install the C language compiler for the Trakr. Next we’ll explain how to compile a simple program and install it on the Trakr and then run this simple program. Finally, we will demonstrate how to open up the Trakr, attach jumper pins to the GPIO connections on the mainboard of the Trakr and compile a simple program to flash an LED connected to the GPIO pins. You will be able to confidently call yourself an elite Trakr Hacker.
- Unfortunately to upload pictures to these guides requires 800 by 600 resolution yet my Jazz DV150 has a maximum resolution of 640 by 480. So, I will direct you to other resources I have created for hacking the Trakr.
- I have dedicated a blog page to hacking the Spy Video Trakr (keep checking my blog for more Trakr hacks):
- I have also posted an Instructable called Hacking The Spy Video Trakr (a simple introduction to hacking the Trakr):
- My Trakr made Hack A Day: