This is a simple way to make the iNecklace light glow any color of the rainbow. In fact, it’s so simple you can change it any time you want in a few minutes. No soldering required!
Step #1: Next
- Start by taking the back off the iNecklace and removing its guts.
- Once it's apart, use a small object like a toothpick, or even a paperclip to push out the plastic cover from the aluminum housing. It's still in the iNecklace in the picture.
- It will come out easily, but don't push too hard or it will scratch.
Step #2: Next
- Now you need to find some suitable plastic.
- I found the packaging for my studio light bulbs to work perfectly. Anything packaged similarly will work.
- Cut off a small piece that is flat. It only needs to be approximately 3/4" x 3/4".
Step #3: Next
- Next, trace around the white piece of plastic that you removed in step one onto the new piece of clear plastic.
Step #4: Next
- Now you can use any permanent marker to customize the iNecklace. I chose purple since it's my wife's favorite color.
- Color in the circle, and a little outside the edges. Yes, despite what you have been told all your life, you can color outside the lines! It's OK, I promise.
- It works best if you color on the opposite side from the black outline. That way the outline won't smudge.
Step #5: Next
- Next, cut the plastic circle out.
- Be sure to cut a little on the inside of the traced outline. A slightly smaller plastic circle is better. It makes reassembly easier.
- Last step is to assemble the modified iNecklace.
- First, insert the colored piece of plastic with the newly colored side facing inwards.
- Next, add the original white plastic diffuser.
- Then the circuit board.
- Followed by the battery and back cover.
Now you can easily make your iNecklace any color you want!