This project will show you how to mount small (1/300 scale) aircraft to the Omni-Stand mounts. Once the mounts are properly attached then it will work with all the Omni-Stand products.
Step #1: Next
- This tutorial will show you how to attach an Omni-Stand mounting peg to a Scotia 1/300-scale P-51D Mustang. The Scotia models are available here.
- What you need:
- Hobby Knife
- Omni-Stand Mounting Peg
Step #2: Next
- This model is too small to drill a hole in. We are going to attach the mount flush to the model.
- The first step is to prep the mounting peg. Score the top several times to give it a rough surface for the epoxy to stick to. You can score the miniature, too, as long as you're careful not to score too large an area.
Step #3: Next
- Now to mix the epoxy. We use mixing syringes filled with some Devcon 30-minute epoxy. We recommend epoxy for this because most other options like CA glue are too brittle and not strong enough to give you a permanent hold.
Step #4: Next
- Now we attach the mount close to the center of the plane.
- Now we wait for the epoxy to cure. Once that is done the plane is ready for use with the Omni-Stand system. This plane works great with the sphere magnet mounts.