Step #1: Next
- Let's make a super cool star! Flip it over and WOW - it's another design.
Step #2: Next
- You need 12 Pieces of 3x3 origami paper.
- If you want to have cool pattern designs on each side, you need to make sure your paper's pattern is always going the correct direction.
- Pick a side, then make a small crease by folding it in half. Crease only the top section.
- This will be your guide in the first step, but folding all of them now will help keep the pattern correct.
Step #3: Next
- First piece - color side up, with the small crease you made in the last step on the left.
- Fold the bottom-right point up to the crease while making sure it makes a super point in the top right. You may have to fidget with it a bit.
- Fold back, with the edge along the crease you just made.
Step #4: Next
- Fold the other side over to meet the right side, again making sure that you have a nice point at the top.
- Again, fold paper back. Both sides should look the same.
- Fold in half, making sure the "wings" are on the outside.
Step #5: Next
- Fold the top down along the straight "wing."
- Another view.
Step #6: Next
- Open up the whole unit with color side down.
- Fold in each side "wing." You will not be making a new crease; you should be using an existing crease.
- Turn over - color side up.
Step #7: Next
- Fold the bottom point up. You should fold it up to where the 2 side creases meet.
- Let the model collapse. Folding the unit in half will make the "shovel" fold outward.
- This is the finished unit.
Step #8: Next
- Make all 12. Lay 2 out as shown. I like to call the piece of the unit that sticks out the "shovel."
- Take 2 pieces and place the "shovel" under the inside point of the other piece.
- Slide the "shovel" up to the top. Fold.
Step #9: Next
- Take the little flap and tuck it into the other piece. This will lock the two together.
- Continue with the rest of the pieces.
- Locking the last piece can be tricky. Just take your time.
- Voilà! Each side of your star is different!!