Supplies are listed below. I used twice the amount of fabric and stabiliser shown because I was making two brush holders; one for myself and another for my sis as we share the same room.
Step #1: Next
- Step 1: Iron the fabric onto the stabiliser. And then sew the next layer of black fabric on top of that so that the stabilizer is sandwiched between the two black fabrics.
- Step 2: Now start working on the borders. Sew In the purple fabric keeping the right sides together. Then turn it over and sew another line on the bottom.
- In the end it should look like this.
Step #2: Next
- Next make sure to fold in the corners neatly.
- Finally, sew one line at the edges to make them more defined and for a finished look.
- Now take your purple fabric and fold in the sides.
Step #3: Next
- Step 3: The fun part! Trace out your letters onto the freezer paper. We don’t get it in our part of the world so I used this tutorial to make one. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out the stencils.
- Iron the paper on to the fabric.
- You can use any good quality fabric paint. Use a sponge to put the paint onto the fabric as it is easier and faster this way.
- Peel off the paper carefully, then iron on the painted fabric right side up to make the paint permanent. Then sew this fabric onto the black one; first one line at the bottom and then two lines on either side as shown in the pic. (The purple lines are the ones I am talking about if you look closely.)
- Lastly, finish off by sewing in a ribbon at the back. Make sure to use black thread so that it is camouflaged against the fabric.
- AND TADA! There you go! Your personalised brush hanger! SO easy! by Javeriya Sayeed