Sew some pants pocket reflectors to gain visibility for night cycling. They tuck into the pockets for storage and then flip out easily and quickly for riding.
Step #1: Next
- Gather tools and materials.
Step #2: Next
- Create a paper or cardboard template that fits inside your pants' back pocket.
- Add 3" at the top for the fold-over flap.
Step #3: Next
- Cut around your template through two layers of fabric with its right sides together.
Step #4: Next
- Stitch around most of the edges, leaving the short flat "top" open.
- Invert and press.
Step #5: Next
- Fold over the top of the flap and stitch across both layers twice.
- Run a zigzag stitch over the raw edge to prevent fraying.
Step #6: Next
- Draw your design on the back of the reflective vinyl and cut out the shapes.
Step #7: Next
- Affix the adhesive-backed vinyl to the fabric flap.
Step #8: Next
- Tuck the short part of the flap into your back pocket.
- Secure the flap to the body of the jeans from within the pocket with two safety pins.
- Wear outside at night while you ride your bike!