This is a simple project that can be completed in an afternoon once you’ve scrounged up all the components.
Step #1: Next
- Gather your materials. you will need:
- A pair of shoes
- Trucks and wheels from two skateboards
- 16 each 10-24 flathead screws
- 16 each 10-24 locknuts
- 1/8" Aluminum Plate 3"x9"
Step #2: Next
- To make things more comfortable, you will want to have as much padding over the screws as possible. So take whatever you can out of the shoe.
- I pulled out the inserts and another layer that was glued down. Be careful pulling this stuff out; you are going to want to put it back in after your trucks are installed.
Step #3: Next
- Put masking tape on the soles so that you can mark where you want to drill.
Step #4: Next
- Place the skateboard trucks on the bottom of the shoe and mark where the holes should go.
- Make sure the trucks are centered and straight.
Step #5: Next
- Drill holes and insert bolts.
Step #6: Next
- Bolt the trucks on.
- Use locknuts on all the bolts to keep things from falling off.
Step #7: Next
- You may want to add an aluminum plate or some other brace to stiffen the bottom.
- Put the liners back in the shoes.
- Enjoy at your local Roller Disco!