With some white yarn, wood dowels and flower pots, and a little imagination, you can make great ghost decorations for Halloween! I made 25 ghosts for all of my son’s friends.
This project is also on my blog page at http://creativemamita.blogspot.com/2011/….
Step #1: Next
- This is what the finished ghosts will look like.
Step #2: Next
- You will need some soft white yarn and white chenille stems. These are inexpensive and you can find them in any craft store.
Step #3: Next
- Cut 20 strands of yarn and lay them across a chenille stem as shown. Wrap the chenille stem around the yarn and then twist it tightly.
Step #4: Next
- Fluff the yarn into the shape of a ghost. A hairbrush can help with this. Bend the ends of the chenille stem up to make the ghost's arms.
Step #5: Next
- Coat your flower pot with glue and sprinkle glitter on it so that it is completely covered. Allow it to dry.
- Center a length of wood dowel in the flower pot and fill the space around it with small pebbles to hold it in place. It is best to glue the pebbles in place to keep the dowel from shifting.
- Paint the dowel and the pebbles with black acrylic paint and allow it to dry.
Step #6: Next
- Make a sign out of cardboard and glue it to a toothpick.
- Twist the ghost's arm around the toothpick to hold the sign. To make the ghost's eyes and mouth, cut the shapes out of glitter paper. When cutting the mouth, you can use scrapbooking scissors that cut wavy edges as shown.
- Make some more ghosts!
Step #7: Next
- Here, I decided to vary the decorations; I added ribbon along the edge of the flower pots, and paper pumpkins.