Step #1: Next
- Wet the sponge
- This will allow you to clean it off when you get a lot of burnt solder on it
Step #2: Next
- Turn on the Iron
- This will just help you, well, melt the solder
Step #3: Next
- Clean Clean Clean!!
- I cannot stress how important it is to clean the iron, or it will corrode and be useless, clean it up!
Step #4: Next
- Tin the Tip
- This is where you put solder on the iron for better heat flow and a cleaner tip
Step #5: Next
- Now for the soldering
- Put the wires together or parts in the board, and solder the two together
Step #6: Next
- Clip the leads
- This will allow for the next step to be easier
Step #7: Next
- Heat shrink
- This is the fun part. But be careful, the flame is hot and you can burn yourself!
- Turn off the iron.
- This will keep it from burning itself out.