Step #1: Next
- Cut box top and bottom as seen here.
- Hot-glue top flaps together.
- Spray-paint box.
- Allow 24 hours to dry.
Step #2: Next
- Cut paper plates to appropriate size for box.
Step #3: Next
- Paint wheels with black acrylic paint.
- Allow 1 hour to dry.
Step #4: Next
- Creating Rosie's window and siding.
Step #5: Next
- The box should be dry now. Paint it the main color of the train that you're making.
Step #6: Next
- Paint the top of the box black.
- This will be the coal box.
Step #7: Next
- Start to shape the body of the character. The details shown here are made from white paper bags fastened with hot glue. You can just paint them on also.
Step #8: Next
- Outline the windows.
- The ladder is made out of paper bag handles.
Step #9: Next
- Paint another paper bag black for the coal.
Step #10: Next
- Don't forget the buffers. (Big deal for the kids.)
- Cut your coal up into strips and hot glue them on. Sorry no pic.
Step #11: Next
- Hot glue some straps on.
- Pin it on a kid.
- Add some face paint.
- Some spider web for Percy the Ghost Train.
- And presto! Go get some candy.
- Lesson learned: Never go trick-or-treating in the cold rain.