Step #2: Next
- First, cut a small piece of tape to protect the thumb.
Step #3: Next
- Then cut a second piece to build the strap of the thumb protector.
Step #5: Next
- Make sure that the parts in contact with the baby are protected with tape and that no adhesive is exposed.
Step #6: Next
- Put the thumb protector on the baby's hand as soon as they fall asleep.
Step #7: Next
- The thumb has to be completely enveloped by the guard.
- Staple the tape to adjust the size of the strap to fit the baby's hand. Be careful to leave no metal protrusion that could hurt the baby!