Step #1: Next
- You need 40 pieces of square origami paper.
- In the next step I will show you how to make a Triangle out of a Square. :)
Step #2: Next
- How to make a Triangle out of a Square.
- Start with a square piece of origami paper
- Fold in half. Then unfold picture #1
Step #3: Next
- Fold the upper left corner to crease with new crease starting at lower left corner. picture #1
- Turn over and repeat step 1. picture #2
- The equilateral triangle is complete. Cut out along lines. picture #3
Step #4: Next
- I decided to cut a piece out of cardboard. picture #1
- Instead of folding each piece, I traced the triangle and used a exacto knife to cut them out.
- You need to cut 40.
Step #5: Next
- Fold your triangles
- Fold triangle in half. Folding one corner to another corner. picture #1
- Repeat the other two corners. picture #2
Step #6: Next
- Fold the triangle to look like picture #1. You will have to reverse some of the folds. This is called a Triangular Waterbomb Base.
- Fold another triangle. After you have it into the Triangular Waterbomb Base, turn it over and press up on the center. This is called a Triangular Preliminary Base. picture #2
Step #7: Next
- Sit the Triangular Waterbomb Base on the table, put the Triangular Preliminary base on top. picture #1
- Wrap the corners of the Triangular Preliminary Base around the sides. I flip mine over for a better fold. picture #2
- This is a finished piece.
- Make 20
Step #8: Next
- Notice the Tabs and Pockets on the modular. picture #1
Step #9: Next
- To join two modulars together, simply slide one tab on top of the other and slide together. picture #1 and #2
- Continue to make a 5 sided shape. picture #2
- Continue with the rest of the pieces. Finished model.