I enjoy just about any kind of woodworking, so I decided to make the wooden stand for my Giant Bubble Machine project instead of just buying one.
Step #1: Next
- Screw and glue together two 3-feet long sticks into an uneven X shape, making the cross at about 3/4 of the length.
- Now do another pair. Make sure the two Xs come out as identical as possible to one another, for maximum stability.
- Don’t worry about excess wood. You can trim it off later.
- Connect the two Xs with a horizontal stick, using both screws and glue.
- Leave an extra 4-5" sticking from one side, for the kit box housing the Arduino.
- That's it! Now you're ready to dress it up (I used pool noodles) and add the giant bubble blowing workings. See MAKE vol. 28 for complete plans.