BROOK DRUMM’S PRINTRBOT JR. IS THE FIRST OF WHAT WILL BE A SERIES OF “PORTABLE PRINTRBOTS” designed for those exploring 3D printing for the first time. (Also in this series: the briefcase printer created in collaboration with designer Ben Heck, PrintrbotGO, that was demonstrated at World Maker Faire 2012.)
To read the full review, buy the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing.
Get a copy of the MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing today!
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
We want to hear from you! Share your experiences with this machine, what you like, what you don't like, where you think our test team got it wrong. We hope you’ll join in the discussion. We’d also love to see the things that you design and print out.
- Primo Features Compact, folds for portability, very easy to use, can be powered by lithium battery
- Print volume 4″×4″×4″
- Print speed 100mm/sec
- Print material PLA
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.1mm
- Machine software Printrun/Pronterface
- Slicing software Slic3r
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $399 assembled
- Pedigree Original
- Print without PC? No