TYPE A MACHINES’ SERIES 1 IS ONE OF THE NEWEST (AND LARGEST) 3D PRINTERS we reviewed, but even though it was released only months ago, it has already made waves in the community due to its huge build area and competitive price.
To read the full review, buy the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing.
Get a copy of the MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing today!
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
We want to hear from you! Share your experiences with this machine, what you like, what you don't like, where you think our test team got it wrong. We hope you’ll join in the discussion. We’d also love to see the things that you design and print out.
- Primo Features Huge print volume, quick-release build platform, rock-solid extruder
- Print volume 9″×9″×9″
- Print speed 90mm/sec
- Print material PLA,
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.1mm
- Machine software Repetier or Printrun
- Slicing software Slic3r or KISSlicer
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $1,400
- Pedigree Original, with RAMPS electronics
- Print without PC? No