NOW 18 MONTHS OLD, THE ULTIMAKER IS A VERITABLE CLASSIC IN 3D-PRINTER-YEARS But even as it ages, this kit has unique fea- tures and a speed-centric design unlike any other printer we tested. Let’s see how the machine keeps pace with the new crop of entrants.
To read the full review, buy the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing.
Get a copy of the MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing today!
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
We want to hear from you! Share your experiences with this machine, what you like, what you don't like, where you think our test team got it wrong. We hope you’ll join in the discussion. We’d also love to see the things that you design and print out.
- Primo Features High-speed Bowden extruder, huge build volume, fine layer height, optional controller with SD card, active community shares improvements
- Print volume 8.3″×8.3″×8.3″
- Print speed 150mm/sec
- Print material PLA,
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.1mm– 0.04mm or finer
- Machine software Cura
- Slicing software Cura
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $1,556 kit +
- Pedigree Original
- Print without PC? Optional, SD card